SEASONAL ASSESSMENT OF THE QUALITY OF MEAT OF RABBITS OF THE CALIFORNIAN AND FLANER BREED GROWN IN CLEAN AND SECOND ZONE RELATIVE TO RADIOACTIVE CONTAMINATION
Dyshkant O.V., Candidate of Veterinary Sciences, Associate Professor
Radzihovskiy N.L., CandidateofVeterinarySciences, Associate Professor
Zhytomyr National Agroecological University
Letka G.I., Candidate of Agricultural Sciences, Associate Professor
Vinnytsia National Agrarian University
In 32 years after the accident at the Chernobyl NPP, the radiological situation has changed both due to natural processes (physical decay of radionuclides, their redistribution in various environmental components) and measures taken after the accident to assess the state of radioactive pollution of the environment and control of radionuclide content in products that were produced at contaminated areas. However, the situation remains extremely difficult, food and animal feed are contaminated with radionuclides. As a result, they cause a threat to human health. The article presents data on the comparative assessment of the nutritional value of rabbit meat depending on the season, the breed and the accumulation of radionuclides, in particular cesium-137, in the feed and meat of these animals in clean and second zone of radioactive contamination. Rabbit meat is considered all over the world as the most dietary meat, besides rabbit breeding is a unique industry due to its inherent biologically and economically beneficial features. These benefits are unpretentious to the conditions of animals, their feeding and care, high fecundity, polycyclic, early maturity and product quality. Rabbit meat contains a large amount of protein, phosphorus, potassium, magnesium compared with other types of meat. In addition, the fat content is only 0.8-3.6%, cholesterol content is 45-55 mg%, which is significantly less than in other dietary meats. The polyunsaturated fatty acids (60%) prevail in the composition of fat. Rabbit meat dominates among other types of meat by the content of vitamins and minerals.
1. Aleksandrova, S.N. & Kosova,T.I. (2005). Kroliki: Razvedenie, vyiraschivanie, kormlenie [Rabbits: Breeding, Growing, Feeding]. Donetsk: Stalker [in Ukrainian].
2. Baranovska, N.P. (2006). Chornobyl v novіtnіi іstorіi Ukrainy [Chornobyl in Modern History of Ukraine: Power and Society]. Extended abstract of Doctor’s thesis. Kyiv: NAAS of Ukraine; Institute of History of Ukraine [in Ukrainian].
3. Vakulenko,I.S., Danets, L.M., Luchyn, I.S. & DanіlovaT.M. (2016). Tekhnolohіia efektyvnoho vykorystannia netradytsіinoho vysokobіlkovoho kormuv hodіvlі krolіv [The technology of efficient use of non-traditional high protein feed in rabbits feeding].Nauk.-tekhn. Biul – Scientific and technical bulletin. issui. 115. Kharkіv. 31-36 [in Ukrainian].
4. Prіstera, B.S. (2007). Vedennia sіlskoho vyrobnytstva na terytorіiakh, zabrudnenykh vnaslіdok Chornobylskoi katastrofy, u vіddalenyi perіod: Metodychnі rekomendatsіi [Conducting rural production in the territories contaminated as a result of the Chernobyl disaster in the remote period: Methodical recommendations] Kyiv: Atіka-N [in Ukrainian].
5. Ilchenko, A. (2003). Osvіta і nauka – dlia rozvytku sіlskoho hospodarstva [Education and science for the development of agriculture].Veterynarna medytsyna Ukrainy – Veterinary Medicine of Ukraine. 1. 3-7 [in Ukrainian].
6. Kalashnik, O.V. & Omelchenko,N.V. (2004). Problemyi vosstanovleniya krolikovodstva v Ukraine [Problems of Reproduction of rabbits in Ukraine]. Krolikovodstvo i zverovodstvo – Rabbit-breeding and fur farming. 4. 30-37 [in Ukrainian].
7. Kovalenko, L.I. (1987). Radiometricheskiy veterinarno-sanitarnyiy kontrol kormov, zhivotnyih i produktov zhivotnovodstva [Radiometric veterinary and sanitary control of feed, animal and livestock products]. Kyiv: Urozhay [in Ukrainian].
8. Kovzan, L.M. & Lykhtarov, I.A. (2004). Kompleks ekoloho-dozymetrychnykh modelei ta uzahalnenі otsіnky doz opromіnennia naselennia Ukrainy v rezultatі Chornobylskoi avarіi [Complex of ecological and dosimetric models and generalized estimations of doses of irradiation of population of Ukraine as a result of Chornobyl accident]. Yadernaya i raditsionnaya bezopasnost – Nuclear and Radiation Safety. 3. 13-25 [in Ukrainian].
9. Kotsiubenko, H. (2011). Oderzhannia ekolohіchnoi kroliatyny: smachno і vyhіdno [Receiving ecological rabbit meat: tasty and profitable].Prodovolcha іndustrіia APK – Food industry of agroindustrial complex. 5. 29-32 [in Ukrainian].
10. Kulko, K.S. (2004). Biologicheskie osobennosti krolikov [Biological features of rabbits].Krolikovodstvo i zverovodstvo – Rabbit-breeding and fur farming. 2. 24-28 [in Ukrainian].
11. Laktionov, K.S. & Timohin, O.V. (2009). Krolikovodstvo v Rossii i za rubezhom. Sovremennoe sostoyanie i perspektivyi razvitiya [Rabidity in Russia and abroad. Current state and development perspectives]. Zhivotnovodstvo – Livestock breeding. 2. 26-27 [in Russian].
12. Luchyn, I.S. (2009). Nahromadzhennia radіonuklіdіv u miazakh і kіstkakh rіznoho za vіkom і pokhodzhenniam molodniaku krolіv [Accumulation of radionuclides in muscles and bones of young rabbits of different age and origin]. Nauk. vіsn. Lvіv. nats. unіver. veteryn. medyts. іm. S.Z. Hzhytskoho – Stepan Gzhytskyi National University of Veterinary Medicine and Biotechnologies LvivScientific bulletin]. Lvіv. Vol. 11. issue 2(41). 143-148 [in Ukrainian].
13. Mihaylov, I.N. (1991). Krolik-akselerat [Rabbit Accelerate]. Leningrad: Put [in Russian].
14. Pechenkin, E.V., Sagirov, A.A. & Gorelik, O.V. (2013). Rost i razvitie krolikov raznyih porod [Growing and development of rabbits of different breeds]. Veterinariya – Veterinary Medicine. 5.88-90 [in Russian].
15. Prister, B.S., Loschilov, N.A., Nemets, O.F.&Poyarkov, V.A. (1991). Osnovyi selskohozyaystvennoy radiologii [Fundamentals of Agricultural Radiology]. Kyiv: Urozhay [in Ukrainian].
Аnimal feeding and feed technology; current problems of animal breeding, breeding and hygiene; food safety and food processing technology; aquatic bioresources and aquaculture
Certificate of state registration of the print media: КВ № 21523-11423Р 18.08.2015
Founder of the collection: Vinnytsia National Agrarian University, Georgia Academy of Agricultural Sciences
Editor-in-Chief: Viktor Mazur, Candidate of Agricultural Sciences Associate Professor, VNAU (Vinnytsia)
Deputy editors-in-chief: Aleksidze G.M., D.Sc.(Ph.D.), academician of the Academy of agricultural sciences of Georgia; Yaremchuk O.S., D.Sc.(Ph.D.) Professor, University of Vinnitsa (Vinnytsia)
Secretary in charge: L. Kazmiruk
Editorial Board full list
Mazur Viktor, Candidate of Science, Associate Professor of VNAU (Editor-in-Chief);
Guram Aleksidze, Ph.D., Academician of the Academy of Agricultural Sciences Georgia (Deputy Editor-in-Chief);
Yaremchuk Oleksandr, Ph.D., Professor, VNAU (Deputy Editor-in-Chief);
Members of the Editorial Board:
Ibatullin Ildus, Ph.D., Professor, Academician, NULES;
Kaletnik Hryhoriy Ph.D. (Economics), Academician of NAAS of Ukraine, VNAU;
Zakharenko Mykola Oleksandrovych, Ph.D., Professor, NULES;
Vashakidze Archil, Ph.D., Academician, National Coordinator for Agricultural Electrification and Automation (Georgia);
Giorgadze Anatoly, Ph.D. (Engineering), Academy of Agricultural Sciences of Georgia;
Grib Josip, Ph.D, Professor of NUHPP;
Dzhaparidze Givi, Ph.D. (Economics), Academician, Vice-President of the Academy of Agricultural Sciences science of Georgia;
Georgiy Yeresko, Ph.D. (Engineering), Professor, Corresponding Member of NAAS of Ukraine, Institute of Food Resources;
Vlasenko Volodymyr, Ph.D.(Engineering), Professor of VTEI;
Kulyk Mykhaylo, Ph.D., Professor, Corresponding Member of NAAS of Ukraine, VNAU;
Kucheriaviy Vitaliy, Ph.D.(Engineering), Professor, VNAU;
Lysenko Alexander, Ph.D., Professor, Research Institute of Experimental Veterinary Science, Academy of Sciences of Belarus (Minsk);
Lyotka Halyna, Ph.D., Associate Professor of VNAU;
Mazurenko Mykola, Ph.D., (Engineering), Professor;
Polishchuk Galina, Ph.D., Associate Professor;
Sychevsky Mykola, Ph.D.(Economics), Professor, Corresponding Member of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, Institute of Food Resources;
Skoromna Oksana, Ph.D., Associate Professor;
Chagelishvili Revaz, Ph.D., Academician, National Forestry Coordinator (Georgia);
Chudak Roman, Ph.D., (Engineering), Professor, VNAU;
Sheiko Ivan, Doctor of Science, Professor, Institute of Animal Science of the Academy of Sciences of Belarus (Zhodino);
Kazmyruk Larisa, Ph.D., Associate Professor of VNAU (secretary in charge).
Type of publication for the intended purpose: scientific
Edition status: shared
Year of foundation: 2015
Frequency: 1 to 5 times a year
Volume: 4 to 10 ppm (format A-4)
Edition language: (different languages) Ukrainian, Georgian, English, Russian
Scope and category of readers: nationwide, foreign researchers, university professors, graduate students, students and professionals of agriculture and fisheries and food production
Article publishing is a paid service. Cost for printing in professional publications in accordance with the Decree of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine of August 27, 2010 No. 796 "On approval of the list of paid services that can be provided by state educational institutions, other institutions of educational system belonging to state and communal ownership" and the Rector Order of the Higher Education University Mazur V.A. dated March 14, 2018 No. 93 “On setting the cost of printing in professional editions of the University”.
The cost of printing one page in professional editions of the university is 60 UAH.
Beneficiary: Vinnytsia National Agrarian University MFO 820172 Current account No. 31256282102055 code 00497236 Bank State Treasury Service of Ukraine, Kyiv. VAT payer code 004972302286. Registration number 100271744. Purpose of payment: for printing an article in the collection: "Agrarian science and food technology".
Agrarian Science and Food Technology Established in 1994 under the name of the Collection of Scientific Works of VSAU.
According to the Resolution of the Presidium of the Higher Attestation Commission of Ukraine of September 11, 1997, this publication has acquired the status of a professional, in which it is allowed to publish the main results of the dissertation research in the fields of "Agronomy", "Animal engineering" and "Economic Sciences".
In 2001-2014 it was published under the title "Collection of scientific works of Vinnytsia National Agrarian University".
Since 2015 it is:"Agricultural Science and Food Technologies".
Listed in the updated list of scientific professional editions of Ukraine in agricultural sciences under the name "Agrarian Science and Food Technologies" (ground: Order of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine of May 16, 2016 No. 515).