EFFECT OF GRANULATED PROTEIN FEED IN DIET ON PERFORMANCE OF CALVES
Antonovich A.M., Postgraduate
PUE «Scientific Practical Centre of Belarus National National Academy of Sciences on Animal Breeding»
As a result of the chemical composition analysis, it was determined that in 1 kg of prepared compound feeds there was 8.8% fiber of DM, digestible protein level per 1 feed unit made 136.9-137.0 g, crude protein level in DM is 206-205.6 g, digestible protein per 1 MJ of ME is 13.2 grams, degradable protein per 1 MJ of ME made 13.55-13.52 grams, non-degradable protein per 1 MJ of ME – 3.27-3.29 grams. Metabolizable energy in 1 kg of DM – 12.4 MJ. Starch content in DM makes 40.2-40.1%, feed units in 1 kg of DM – 1.2. Sugar content from DM makes 3.7-3.6%. Fat content from DM makes 2.89-2.86%.
Throughout the entire production inspection period, the animals of the control and experimental groups were fed with green mass of cereal crops, silage-and-haylage mixture and 2.4 kg of compound feed with 10% of ground and granulated lupine, respectively.
The average feed consumption during the experimental period in the groups was the same – 2.4 kg per animal per day, animals consumed them in full extent.
In diet structure of the control and experimental groups, concentrated feeds made 41.5% in respect of nutrition, juicy and rough – 58.5%. The daily consumption of dry matter by animals made 6.86-6.92 kg. Metabolizable energy concentration in 1 kg of DM of diets made 10.29 MJ. The amount of digestible protein per 1 unit in diets made 113.65-113 g. Crude protein level in DM made 145.8-144.9. The fiber level from the dry matter of diet in the groups made 22.6-22.7% at a norm of 22% max. Сa:P ratio made 1.5:1. Remaining control indicators of the diet nutritional value were taken into account and balanced within standards. The number of concentrates spent per 1 kg of products shall be noted in the group consuming compound feed with ground protein supplement, this indicator made 2.74 kg, and in the group with granular protein supplement this indicator was at the level of 2.51 kg, i.e. the experimental group consumed 8.4% less of compound feed for obtaining weight gain compared to the animals of the control group.
Use of granulated lupine grain instead of ground grain for young animals had a positive impact on animals performance, contributes to efficiency of productive action of feed in experimental group. Higher growth energy was observed in experimental group – 939 g of the average daily weight gain, which is 7.81% higher compared to the control group. As a result, feed costs decreased by 6.64% and made 6.61 feed units per 1 kg of weight gain. Feed protein cost for weight gain also decreased by 7.05%.
Extra profit for the period of production inspection amounted to 21.97 rubles per animal or 1098 rubles for entire livestock during experiment.
1. Radchikov, V.F. & Tsai, V.P. (2012). Skarmlivaem zhom – den'gi berezhem [We feed pulp - we save money]. Belorusskoe sel'skoe hozjajstvo – Belarusian Agriculture, 2, 58-64 [in Russian].
2. Radchikov, V.F. & Kurtina, V.N. (2012). Fiziologicheskoe sostojanie i produktivnost' remontnyh telok pri ispol'zovanii v racionah mestnyh istochnikov belka, jenergii i biologicheski aktivnyh veshhestv [Physiological state and productivity of repair heifers when using local sources of protein, energy and biologically active substances in diets]. Zootehnicheskaja nauka Belarusi – Zootechnical science of Belarus, 47, 2, 207-214 [in Russian].
3. Radchikov, V.F. & Sheiko, I.P. (2014). Novye sorta zerna krestocvetnyh i zernobobovyh kul'tur v racionah remontnyh telok [New grain varieties of cruciferous and leguminous crops in the diets of repair heifers]. Izvestija Gorskogo gosudarstvennogo agrarnogo universiteta – Bulletin of the Gorsky State Agrarian University, 51, 2, 64-68 [in Russian].
4. Sheiko, I.P. & Gorlov, I.F. (2014). Produktivnost' bychkov i kachestvo mjasa pri povyshennom urovne jenergii v racione [Productivity of gobies and meat quality with a high level of energy in the diet]. Zootehnicheskaja nauka Belarusi – Zootechnical science of Belarus, 2, 216-223 [in Russian].
5. Radchikov, V.F. & Tsai, V.P. (2014). Transformacija jenergii racionov bychkami v produkciju pri ispol'zovanii sapropelja [Transformation of energy of diets by gobies into products using sapropel]. Zootehnicheskaja nauka Belarusi – Zootechnical science of Belarus, 49, 2, 148-158 [in Russian].
6. Radchikov, V.F. & Suchkova I.V. (2013). Zavisimost' pishhevarenija v rubce bychkov ot sootnoshenija rasshhepljaemogo i nerasshhepljaemogo proteina v racione [The dependence of digestion in the rumen of gobies on the ratio of split and non-split protein in the diet]. Uchenye zapiski VGAVM – Scientific notes of Vitebsk State Academy of Veterinary Medicine, 49, 2-1, 227-231 [in Russian].
7. Radchikov, V.F. & Lemeshevsky, V.O. (2013). Rubcovoe pishhevarenie bychkov pri raznom sootnoshenii rasshhepljaemogo i nerasshhepljaemogo proteina v racione [Cicatricial digestion of gobies with different ratios of split and non-split protein in the diet]. Zootehnicheskaja nauka Belarusi – Zootechnical science of Belarus, 48, 1, 331-340 [in Russian].
8. Radchikov, V.F. & Glinkova, A.M. (2014). Rapsovyj zhmyh v sostave kombikorma dlja teljat [Rapeseed cake in the feed for calves]. Zootehnicheskaja nauka Belarusi – Zootechnical science of Belarus, 49, 2, 139-147 [in Russian].
9. Radchikov, V.F. (2010). Vlijanie skarmlivanija ljupina, obrabotannogo raznymi sposobami na produktivnost' bychkov [The effect of feeding lupine processed in different ways on the productivity of bulls]. Uchenye zapiski VGAVM – Scientific notes of Vitebsk State Academy of Veterinary Medicine, 46, 2,187-190 [in Russian].
10. Malchevskaya, E.N., & Milenkaya, G.S. (1981). Ocenka kachestva i zootehnicheskij analiz kormov [Quality assessment and zootechnical analysis of feed], Minsk: Urajay, 143 [in Russian].
11. Petukhova, E.A. (1989). Zootehnicheskij analiz kormov: uchebnoe posobie [Zootechnical analysis of feed: a textbook]. 2nd ed., Moscow, 239 [in Russian].
Аnimal feeding and feed technology; current problems of animal breeding, breeding and hygiene; food safety and food processing technology; aquatic bioresources and aquaculture
Certificate of state registration of the print media: КВ № 21523-11423Р 18.08.2015
Founder of the collection: Vinnytsia National Agrarian University, Georgia Academy of Agricultural Sciences
Editor-in-Chief: Viktor Mazur, Candidate of Agricultural Sciences Associate Professor, VNAU (Vinnytsia)
Deputy editors-in-chief: Aleksidze G.M., D.Sc.(Ph.D.), academician of the Academy of agricultural sciences of Georgia; Yaremchuk O.S., D.Sc.(Ph.D.) Professor, University of Vinnitsa (Vinnytsia)
Secretary in charge: L. Kazmiruk
Editorial Board full list
Mazur Viktor, Candidate of Science, Associate Professor of VNAU (Editor-in-Chief);
Guram Aleksidze, Ph.D., Academician of the Academy of Agricultural Sciences Georgia (Deputy Editor-in-Chief);
Yaremchuk Oleksandr, Ph.D., Professor, VNAU (Deputy Editor-in-Chief);
Members of the Editorial Board:
Ibatullin Ildus, Ph.D., Professor, Academician, NULES;
Kaletnik Hryhoriy Ph.D. (Economics), Academician of NAAS of Ukraine, VNAU;
Zakharenko Mykola Oleksandrovych, Ph.D., Professor, NULES;
Vashakidze Archil, Ph.D., Academician, National Coordinator for Agricultural Electrification and Automation (Georgia);
Giorgadze Anatoly, Ph.D. (Engineering), Academy of Agricultural Sciences of Georgia;
Grib Josip, Ph.D, Professor of NUHPP;
Dzhaparidze Givi, Ph.D. (Economics), Academician, Vice-President of the Academy of Agricultural Sciences science of Georgia;
Georgiy Yeresko, Ph.D. (Engineering), Professor, Corresponding Member of NAAS of Ukraine, Institute of Food Resources;
Vlasenko Volodymyr, Ph.D.(Engineering), Professor of VTEI;
Kulyk Mykhaylo, Ph.D., Professor, Corresponding Member of NAAS of Ukraine, VNAU;
Kucheriaviy Vitaliy, Ph.D.(Engineering), Professor, VNAU;
Lysenko Alexander, Ph.D., Professor, Research Institute of Experimental Veterinary Science, Academy of Sciences of Belarus (Minsk);
Lyotka Halyna, Ph.D., Associate Professor of VNAU;
Mazurenko Mykola, Ph.D., (Engineering), Professor;
Polishchuk Galina, Ph.D., Associate Professor;
Sychevsky Mykola, Ph.D.(Economics), Professor, Corresponding Member of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, Institute of Food Resources;
Skoromna Oksana, Ph.D., Associate Professor;
Chagelishvili Revaz, Ph.D., Academician, National Forestry Coordinator (Georgia);
Chudak Roman, Ph.D., (Engineering), Professor, VNAU;
Sheiko Ivan, Doctor of Science, Professor, Institute of Animal Science of the Academy of Sciences of Belarus (Zhodino);
Kazmyruk Larisa, Ph.D., Associate Professor of VNAU (secretary in charge).
Type of publication for the intended purpose: scientific
Edition status: shared
Year of foundation: 2015
Frequency: 1 to 5 times a year
Volume: 4 to 10 ppm (format A-4)
Edition language: (different languages) Ukrainian, Georgian, English, Russian
Scope and category of readers: nationwide, foreign researchers, university professors, graduate students, students and professionals of agriculture and fisheries and food production
Article publishing is a paid service. Cost for printing in professional publications in accordance with the Decree of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine of August 27, 2010 No. 796 "On approval of the list of paid services that can be provided by state educational institutions, other institutions of educational system belonging to state and communal ownership" and the Rector Order of the Higher Education University Mazur V.A. dated March 14, 2018 No. 93 “On setting the cost of printing in professional editions of the University”.
The cost of printing one page in professional editions of the university is 60 UAH.
Beneficiary: Vinnytsia National Agrarian University MFO 820172 Current account No. 31256282102055 code 00497236 Bank State Treasury Service of Ukraine, Kyiv. VAT payer code 004972302286. Registration number 100271744. Purpose of payment: for printing an article in the collection: "Agrarian science and food technology".
Agrarian Science and Food Technology Established in 1994 under the name of the Collection of Scientific Works of VSAU.
According to the Resolution of the Presidium of the Higher Attestation Commission of Ukraine of September 11, 1997, this publication has acquired the status of a professional, in which it is allowed to publish the main results of the dissertation research in the fields of "Agronomy", "Animal engineering" and "Economic Sciences".
In 2001-2014 it was published under the title "Collection of scientific works of Vinnytsia National Agrarian University".
Since 2015 it is:"Agricultural Science and Food Technologies".
Listed in the updated list of scientific professional editions of Ukraine in agricultural sciences under the name "Agrarian Science and Food Technologies" (ground: Order of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine of May 16, 2016 No. 515).